BrandMe is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website and/or our services, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
BrandMe may change this policy from time to time by updating this page.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
• Name and job title.
• Contact information including company name, address and company email address.
• Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests.
• If you contact us, we keep a record of that correspondence in order to fulfil our contractual or legal obligations with you.
How we collect your data
• We collect personal information when you purchase branding and design services from us to enable us to fulfil our contract with you.
• As part of the registration process for our e-newsletter, we collect personal information. We use that information for a couple of reasons: to tell you about services you’ve asked us to tell you about; to contact you if we need to obtain or provide you with additional information; to check our records are correct and to check every now and then that you’re happy and satisfied. We don't rent or trade email lists with other organisations and businesses.
• We also collect contact details from editorial articles or from sources such as LinkedIn on companies who we would like to approach with regard to our branding and design services.
Where we store your personal data
Sometimes we will need to share your personal data with suppliers within the European Economic Area (EEA).
If you would like more information about these contracts, please contact our Data Protection Officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any transfer of your personal data will follow applicable laws and we will treat the information under the guiding principles of this Privacy Notice.
We use a third-party provider, Campaign Monitor, to deliver our newsletter. We gather statistics around email opening and clicks using industry-standard technologies to help us monitor and improve our newsletter. For more information, please see Campaign Monitor’s privacy notice.
Lawful basis for processing
We use legitimate interests as our lawful basis for processing the information we store. These are:
• To fulfil our contract with you.
• To offer you services that may be of interest to you.
How long do we keep your data for?
• We will retain your data for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this policy and to comply with our legal and tax obligations.
• All tracking data is stored for a maximum of 5 years.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
• To fulfil our contract with you.
• Internal record keeping.
• We may use the information to improve our products and services.
• We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address that you have provided.
• From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you to offer services that may be relevant or useful to you. We may contact you by email, phone or by post. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us to analyse data about web page traffic and improve our website in order to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website.
We use a third party service, Google Analytics, to collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the site. This information is only processed in a way that does not identify anyone. We do not make, and do not allow Google to make, any attempt to find out the identities of those visiting our website.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
• If you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us at email@example.com.
• You can unsubscribe to general mailings at any time of the day or night by clicking the unsubscribe link at the bottom of any of our emails or by emailing our data protection officer on firstname.lastname@example.org.
• You are entitled to view, amend, or delete the personal information that we hold. A small administration fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of the information that we hold on you, please email email@example.com.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email or write to us as soon as possible, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 4th Floor, 20 Garrick Street, London WC2E 9BT. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
© 2014 BrandMe | Registered in England No 623 3081